*** bridge classes for Fall 2017 ***
All classes will be held at Temple Reyim
Temple Reyim: 1860 Washington St, Newton
- DAVID METCALF
- David Metcalf has been a tournament bridge player for over 25 years,
a Gold Life Master and a flight A player, with dozens of regional
titles to his credit.
He is a full-time professional, ACBL-certified bridge teacher who has
been teaching bridge for over fifteen years. He has taught over a thousand
students at all levels of the game. He has also worked as a
Computer Science instructor at Boston University, and is a
state-certified mathematics teacher.
David is well-known as an ACBL National Tournament Director; and is
the owner, manager, and chief director of the Newton Bridge Club.
- DAVID ARONSON
- David Aronson has been a tournament bridge player for over 14 years,
a Silver Life Master, with a number of regional titles to his credit.
He is an ACBL-certified bridge teacher who has been teaching bridge players
of all skill levels for over seven years.
- CILLA BORRAS
- Cilla Borras is an Audrey Grant certified bridge teacher and Gold Life
Master who enjoys teaching and mentoring new students in the game of bridge.
It gives her great pleasure to bring newer players into this wonderful game and to
help players improve their bridge skills. Specializing in beginner and intermediate
level classes she believes in a hands-on, interactive teaching method.
- KIM GILMAN
- Kim is a Gold Life Master and an ACBL-certified instructor.
She has been playing tournament bridge for 14 years and has won several
sectional and regional championships. Kim believes in learning through
playing, with easy-to-understand, clear explanations of bridge concepts.
She has taught over 400 bridge students in Greater Boston with great reviews.
- JORI GROSSACK
- Jori is an ACBL certified bridge teacher, a gold life master, and
an avid fan (and student) of the game. Jori is a popular teacher boasting
a uniquely entertaining, engaging, and effective teaching style.
She credits throwing away her syllabus as a key to her bridge teaching success.
Instead, she listens to her indivual class' needs and proceeds accordingly.
She can't imagine there being a "stupid question" that she herself hasn't asked
... repeatedly. Jori's classes are no judgment zones.
- PARUL JAIN
- Parul has been a tournament bridge player for the past 8 years,
winning several regional championships. She is a professional,
ACBL Accredited Bridge Teacher, who specializes in teaching bridge to Beginner
and Intermediate students. She has a background in
Computer Science and Business Administration.
- STUART WHITTLE
- Stuart Whittle is an ACBL Certified Bridge Instructor and Gold Life Master.
She has won numerous regional and sectional championships. She is one of the
most popular teachers in the Boston area, with over 150 students.
FALL 2017 COURSE OFFERINGS:
The following bridge classes will be offered this fall.
Click on each class for further details.
An Introduction to Bridge
[in one afternoon!]
- Learn how to play bridge in an afternoon!!!
- Sunday, Oct 22 , 1:00-5:00, at Temple Reyim, West Newton
- Instructor: Kim Gilman
with Zach Grossack and Kim Gilman
- Learn how to bid slams - from one of the best slam bidders on the planet!
- Fridays, Oct 20 & Oct 27 , 2:15 - 4:15, at Temple Reyim, West Newton
- Instructor: Kim Gilman
Learn to Play Bridge, part II
with Jori Grossack (Monday mornings); Cilla Borras (Monday evenings)
- Learn how to play bridge, part II
- Monday mornings, Sept 11 - Nov 20 , 10:00-12:00, at Temple Reyim, West Newton
- Instructor: Jori Grossack
- Monday evenings, Sept 18 - Nov 20 , 7:15 - 9:15, at Temple Reyim, West Newton
- Instructor: Cilla Borras
with Parul Jain
- Monday afternoons , 2:30-4:30, at Temple Reyim, West Newton
- 11 sessions, Sept 11 - Dec 18
- Intro to 2/1 Game Force
with David Metcalf
- Join the 21st century - learn the system modern duplicate players use!
- Tuesday afternoons , 2:30-4:30, at Temple Reyim, West Newton
- 8 sessions, Sept 12 - Oct 31
Seven Conventions You Should Use
with David Aronson
- Seven of the most useful conventions you should use (or use better)
- Wednesday Afternoons, 2:30-4:30, at Temple Reyim, West Newton
- October 4 - November 15
- Instructor: David Aronson
Play random predealt hands under the supervision of a certified teacher.
A personalized discussion of the bidding, play, and defense after every hand.
- Tuesday Mornings, 10:00-12:00
- Friday Mornings, 10:30-12:30
- at Temple Reyim, West Newton
- Ongoing, every Tuesday and Friday morning
Click on the individual class to see exact dates.
SIGNING UP FOR A COURSE
To sign up for a course:
- Bring a check made out to the instructor to the first class you
attend for the appropriate amount. See the detailed course description
for dates and costs.
Classes must be paid for on the first day you attend.
Class scheduling is TENTATIVE - exact offerings and schedule is subject
to change or cancellation, depending on interest, number of signups, and room
availability. If the number of signups is low, we my be forced to increase
the cost of or cancel the course.
If you have any questions about anything relating to any of the classes,
click on the link for that course given above. If you still have questions,
please don't hesitate to email the course instructor.